Are you looking for some great Watercolor painting techniques?
Have a look at some of the good colour mixes
I know it’s very difficult to sometimes get confused deciding mix color combinations to paint. If you have just started painting watercolors here I give you some combinations to try. Although these combinations will differ slightly according to the color quality you choose or the specific company you go along with. These combinations are specifically for watercolor painting. So get going and note it down………..
1) For Clouds— Cobalt, Ultramarine Little, Raw madder, Raw Sienna (for Sky) 2)
Large cloud—Alizarin crimson, Ultramarine<Prussian blue, Raw Sienna.
3) Breezy Clouds—Ultramarine blue, Raw sienna, Light red
4) Warm clouds—Burnt sienna for warm of foreground clouds
5) For Wall— Cobalt Violet, Raw sienna, burnt sienna, little cobalt blue.
6) Final wall mix—French ultramarine, Burnt sienna (for the dark wall)
7) Green bushes—- Windsor blue and cadmium yellow
8) Bush— Deeper shade —- Cobalt violet and Cobalt blue
9) For Green bush—- Cadmium yellow +Windsor blue (mix up) plus viridian + Permanent mauve (mix up)
10) Window ledge and bush pot —- Alizarin crimson + burnt sienna
11) Bird—- Burnt sienna + indigo (for pale body wash), For Beak——-Dark grey + burnt sienna +grey, for background—-Indigo
12) Shadow—– Pure Ultramarine or Alizarin
13) Buildings IN Landscape—- Use Earth color like Raw sienna, burnt Sienna and little Ultramarine + Indigo
14) Dark Building— Rich strong mix up—–Winsor and Newton Quina Cridone Gold or Rowny Indian Yellow
15) Head and Legs— a light mix of Alizarin + raw sienna
16) Sky Wash—-Ultramarine + grey blue mix of (Ultramarine + Alizarin crimson + raw sienna)
17) Evening sky –Rose madder or Permanent rose, Aureoline, cobalt blue
18) Shadow –Violet with a touch of Lead white +little Ivory Black.
19) Deep shadow Touch of green and purple.
20) Portraits—- Payne’s grey, Winsor Newton)
21) Sky 2— Alizarin blue + Alizarin crimson = Naples yellow
22) Strom sky—Pthalo blue, burnt umber, Payne’s grey, lemon yellow, Pthalo blue and burnt umber
These colours you have to mix and try and then set your stroke. The quantity mix of each combination has to be tried and tested with repeated test patches until you find the right shade, please make test shade sheet for reference. HAPPY PAINTING Colourketchup.com
manav is a dentist by profession and an artist by passion. Travel lover , author, an artist in progress observing life in every way artistically. Here you will find bits and pieces of my artwork and love for colours. Welcome to my world where every imagination is painted and art is a part of everyday life . The thematic concept of painting comes from my imagination. The storey transformation into an art piece is the key to my world..Along i love some best artists in the world with whom my journey is becoming beautiful…
so hang on and enjoy the blog with a cup of coffee !!!!